Los Angeles High School
H A R R I S O N T R U S T
Funding Request Information and Instructions
The Alice G. Harrison Memorial Trust, a non-profit corporation, was established in 1962 to honor the last will and testament of L. A. High alumna Alice Harrison (class of 1895). The terms of the will established private trust funds to “provide exceptional educational opportunities and experiences which would not otherwise be available to the students of the Los Angeles High School through public funds.” The Trust has been awarding student scholarships and supporting many of the extracurricular activities at L.A. High for years.
To apply for funding, please follow the simple procedures outlined below:
- If applicable, discuss need or request first with Department Chair to determine if department funds are available.
- Discuss request with Principal to determine that your request aligns with the needs and goals of the school and to see if an alternative funding source is available.
- If Principal approves request and has no other funding available, complete the attached application.
- Either scan and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, deliver it to the Harrison Trust office in room 213, or put it in my mailbox in the main office.
- You will be notified when the next Harrison Trust Board meeting is, at which your application will be considered. (You may be invited to present your request in person as well, but you are not required to do so.) You will receive an email once the Board has made their decision.
REMEMBER: In addition to Harrison Trust funding, I am available to discuss your ideas and help you find resources – whether it be through in-kind donations, partnerships, community involvement fundraising or grant writing.
—-Joyce Kleifield, Executive Director, Harrison Trust